Social math provides a method to make complex numerical data about an important cause both meaningful and understandable to your audience. Social math is a process of telling a story with data that will motivate your users to engage in the behavior you intend.
This half-day course is appropriate for all levels of experience. The lessons focus on introducing the concept of social math and detailing a method to design using social math. Design activities provide an opportunity for attendees to practice using the method.
• How to define and identify social math
• Why social math is an important part of an impactful design
• When to incorporate social math into the design process
• Where to find reliable data for designing with social math
• A method for incorporating social math into their design
• What additional resources exist for using social math